Session themes will cover:
- What is risk, how do different sectors and disciplines approach it and how does it leave us vulnerable at different scales?
- Lessons for Earth Scientists from other sectors with a heightened exposure, e.g. aviation, healthcare, big engineering, performance sports
- Different sectors’ experience of management of risk, from the organisational level down to the modelling of uncertainties around given activities
- The nature of the Earth’s hazards and how they translate into meaningful and dramatic consequences for society, e.g. for finance,
urban development, contingency planning
- How we can best use technology to identify, manage and communicate risks and their uncertainties
- Understanding the dangers and exceptional capabilities of human behaviour under event-based stress through to consideration of longrange natural hazards
Call for papers:
In addition to invited speakers, we are keen to hear from anyone who has tangible examples of lessons in risk management for/from Earth Sciences involving other sectors.
We would welcome formal presentations, short TED-style talks, practical demonstrations or posters.
First deadline for acceptance of abstracts is 31st April 2017.
Send abstracts to email@example.com
Category: Conferences / Energy & Environment / Geology