This conference will provide the opportunity to showcase innovative, industry leading approaches to holistic and tactical risk management across geotechnical infrastructure.
- Strategic management of risk for portfolios of geotechnical assets, including policy development, application and use within
- Identification, assessment and management of ground-related hazards to transportation infrastructure
- Identification, assessment and management of hazards relating to natural slopes and hazards from third party land in proximity to
- Assessment and management of changing risk during asset deterioration, including monitoring procedures and methods
- Operational responses to geotechnical asset failures impacting on transportation infrastructure
- Assessment of Whole Life Cost and Value, including modelling, development of input data and validation of outputs,
- Current state of thinking in assessing climate change and dynamic weather events that impact on geotechnical infrastructure
Call for papers:
We welcome abstracts for oral and poster presentations from geoscientists specialising in geohazards, engineering geology, geotechnics, hydrogeology as well as science communicators, risk assessors and risk managers. An important aspect of the meeting will be to explore case studies and to consider what insights and understanding can be shared across sectors and applications.
Abstracts should be no more than 500 words and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, as a Word document.
Deadline: Friday 26 May 2017
Category: Conferences | Energy & Environment | Geology